Outlook Connection Issues
Microsoft have made some recent changes to the latest Outlook builds, especially in Outlook 2016, Outlook 2019 and Outlook for Office 365, and these changes are causing some users problems with normal Outlook connectivity under certain circumstances.
This guide will help you deal with the issue and restore connectivity to your ezyexchange mailbox.
- Firstly, close Outlook.
- Now download the registry file at the link below and save it to your Desktop.
- Disable Outlook Autodiscovery looking to Office 365 and/or Outlook.com (right mouse click then "Save link as..." to save the .reg file)
- Once saved, double-click the .reg file and select OK when asked if you want to add entries to your Windows registry.
Now open a Windows Command Prompt, type the following, then press Enter:
- ipconfig /flushdns
- Reboot your PC
After your PC has rebooted, navigate to the followng location:
- Delete any files that end with -autodiscover.xml
Still in that folder, delete any files ending in .ost
Stay with us; you're almost there. Now navigate to the following location on your PC:
- Start > Control Panel > Credential Manager > Windows Credentials
- Delete any credentials you find that relate to Outlook, Exchange and/or Office 365.
- While still in Control Panel, navigate to Mail (Microsoft Outlook version (32-bit) where version represents 2016, 2019 or 365.
- Delete your old mail profile and create a new one.
- Creation of a new profile and email account should now complete successfully.
Once you're satisfied it has, you can now restart Outlook where you will again be asked to enter your credentials. Be sure to tick to save them.
Outlook should now open and function normally. However, if you're still experiencing issues, be sure to open a support request for more assistance.
Outlook 2010 - Fix Autodiscover Certificate Error
This is a "known to Microsoft" issue that only affects some users. To correct the error, make the...
Error Message -- Quota Exceeded
If you receive a "mailbox quota exceeded" message when trying to create a new mailbox...
Outlook - Fix your Password not being Remembered
If Outlook keeps asking for your password every time your restart the program, or...
Searching Your Mailbox's Delivery Logs
How-to Steps Log into your mailbox via OWA (Outlook Web App) Use either...
Outlook 2013 - Finding your Mailbox-Specific Server Name
From Exchange 2013 onward, each mailbox has its own GUID-based server name, and no longer...