Cisco / Linksys SPA Range Handsets
In the Control Panel
To activate Shared Line Appearance, more commonly known as BLF, do the following:
- Click into the extension you want to have publish its own presence.
- Click into Provisioning and SIP.
- Select Extension publishes its own state.
- Click OK to save
On the Handset
To set up SIP presence on a Cisco/Linksys SPA942 (firmware version 6.1.3(a) or higher), do the following:
- Log in to the Web Configuration Menu of the handset
- Click Admin > Advanced > Phone
- Scroll down and find the Line Key Extended Function section.
- Select Asterisk from the Server Type drop-down list.
- For each extension or user to be monitored, you must set up a separate configuration on one of the Line Key fields.
- Change the Extension to Disabled.
- Enter a Short Name. This will appear as the label next to the button on the handset's screen.
- Change Share Call Appearance to shared
- In the Extended Function field, you must enter a string similar to the following:
fnc=blf;activates the Busy Lamp Field function.
email@example.com;tells the handset and voice servers which extension to interact with
firstname.lastname@example.org;relates to the user of the extension, and
nme=Boardroomgives that user a common name to display on the handset itself
- Click Submit
- Finally, reboot the handset
The Line/LED that you've just set up will display the following behavior, dependant on the state of the monitored extension:
- If the extension is idle, the LED will be GREEN
- If the extension is in use, the LED will be RED
- If the extension is ringing, the led will blink RED
This guide shows how to set up SIP presence, how to monitor another extension, and how to...
Bria / X-lite
To have the extension publish its presence, follow these steps in the ezytel control...
Cisco / Linksys SPA500x Side Operator Console
The Cisco Side Operator Console is only available for use with certain SPA model...