Cisco / Linksys SPA500x Side Operator Console
The Cisco Side Operator Console is only available for use with certain SPA model handsets, such as the SPA962, SPA525G etc.
- Log in to the Web Configuration Menu of the handset
- Click Admin > Advanced > Att Console
- Select Yes from the Unit 1 Enable dropdown list. If you have two SPA932 units installed, also select Yes from the Unit 2 Enable dropdown list.
- Select Asterisk from the Server Type dropdown list.
- Select No from the Test Mode Enable dropdown list.
- For each extension to be monitored, you must enter a string similar to the following, where 12340101 is an extension's 8-digit SIP username:
fnc=blfactivates the Busy Lamp Field function
+sd;provides one button Speed Dial functionality
+cp;provides Call Pickup functionality
email@example.com;tells the handset and voice servers which extension to interact with
firstname.lastname@example.org;relates to the user of the extension, and
nme=Boardroomgives that user a common name to display on the handset itself
- Click Submit
- Finally, reboot the handset
The Line/LED that you've just set up will display the following behavior, dependant on the state of the monitored extension:
- If the extension is idle, the LED will be GREEN
- If the extension is in use, the LED will be RED
- If the extension is ringing, the led will blink RED
Note that you can also replace an extension's 8-digit SIP username with a phone number, eg, 0291231234 or 0420123456, or even 00112555123456 if you regularly call a particular international number.
This guide shows how to set up SIP presence, how to monitor another extension, and how to...
Bria / X-lite
To have the extension publish its presence, follow these steps in the ezytel control...
Cisco / Linksys SPA Range Handsets
In the Control Panel To activate Shared Line Appearance, more commonly known as BLF, do the...