Creating a Fax Extension
With almost all of our access plans, we provide a bonus extension in your quota for use as a dedicated ezyfax service.
To create an ezyfax extension, do the following:
- Log into the ezytel control panel and click Add Extension
- Give the extension a high number to keep it away from your voice extensions, eg, 999 or similar.
- Fill in all of the required fields, being sure to add your email address, otherwise fax notification will not be sent to you.
- Choose Phone Terminal as the extension type.
- Tick the Choose extension roles and phone numbers checkbox and click OK.
- On the next screen, be sure you tick Extension is multi user aware.
- Set an incoming phone number for this extension by clicking an available number from the left hand box in the Incoming Phone Number Selection section of the screen.
- Tick Select extension type parameters and click OK.
Now you'll configure the extension to use as a fax extension. You'll leave all of the voice features disabled, and simply enable the fax capabilites.
- Set "Call Waiting" to ON by ticking the box. This will enable your ezyfax line/extension to send and receive multiple simultaneous faxes.
- Set "Enable fax center" to ON by ticking the box.
- Set "Accept faxes sent by email to" to ON by ticking the box.
- Add your own email address, and any other email addresses you will use to send outbound faxes to our servers.
- If you would like to have all incoming faxes sent directly to your email inbox, set "New received fax notification" to "send fax by email".
- Now complete the other fax settings to suit your needs.
- Set the "Fax automatically answers after" time setting to 1 second. This will help your ezyfax line/extension to act exactly as a dedicated fax line.
- Click OK to save your settings.
Finally, if you haven't done so already, you need to assign a phone number (DiD) to your ezyfax line/extension.
- Click on your newly created ezyfax extension, then go to "Permissions and phone numbers".
- You'll see a list of available DiDs assigned to your account.
- Make your number selection for your ezyfax service, click OK, and you're ready to send and receive faxes.
For a tutorial on how best to use your ezyfax service, CLICK HERE